Words from our founder President

                                           
                                       
Most of us help others whenever they find anyone in trouble. It is a normal human tendency.But some people are passionate to help the society and ready to sacrifice everything. We have many examples of people like that. Those people have brought significant changes in our society.   Due my humble family background I have helping tendency from the childhood and by nature I get emotional  easily whenever I see someone in trouble specially due to his/her poorness or social background. Although by profession I am an Aeronautical engineer and serving in an airline but teaching is my hobby and often I used to teach children/youth whenever I get chance. Fortunately few years back I got chance to study about Two great personalities of India one is Swami Vivekananda and other is Dr. APJ kalam and my life changed totally 180 degree, afterwards. I got to know the purpose of my life. A blend of my profession, my emotion, my hobby ,my helping tendency and impact of Vivekanad and Kalam in my mind,  made me a passionate social worker. I am lucky enough that my wife and co-founder of SnS vijayalaxmi  jee has always stood by myside.
I studied about many social reformers. All had some particular reason or inspiration to choose particular theme to help the society. Some of them inspired  from any incident/accident happened with them or with their near and dear. Some inspired by observing  injustice, social discrimination ,financial discrimination, illiteracy, etc. Some inspired by observing decaying  of our mother earth and many more.  But everyone has chosen some specific work depending upon their expertise, choice, and need of the time.

Illiteracy in the society inspired me to work in that field. We can easily see the consequences of illiteracy in our society. Millions of  children in our country still out of reach to even basic education A huge number of illiterate ,unskilled and un aware  youth added in country's population every year. They are liability on us rather than asset to the nation.
They need to make realize that they have infinite energy into themselves and this energy needs to be transformed into productivity. They just need their mind to be ignited. It is our responsibly to change this liability into asset to the nation by helping them to get livelihood based real education. As teaching is my hobby I looked the problem and its solution in that way.

When I told my wife about my decision she agreed immediately and became ready to be part of my mission which is now hundreds of team member’s mission. Her qualification and educationist family background made her excited to teach the needy one.  Thus Stand N Stride formed in May 2016 and there is no way to look back now. 


Our main area of work is child education. It is a understanding in some section of our society that education has no role in their life. It is a fact that their many generations didn’t get any education or were forced to get no education. They just did what they were forced to do. They never thought their children can be a teacher, clerk, officer, doctor . They think their destiny is also the same what their forefather had. We have to change this situation.  Stand N Stride is committed to bring the confidence in those section that they also has the same opportunity like others to be what they want to be.

Our first priority is that  everyone must get basic education . In our thinking basic education means minimum class 10th pass.  The only purpose of the Education is not to get a job but it is the right way to know the world. Due to present education system number of school dropouts after class 8 are in millions. Up to class 8th they are promoted automatically irrespective of fail/pass in exam. When these children promoted in class 9th and when they face real exam they just collapsed. It is very unfortunate situation that a large number of students studying in class 8 not  even write or read a single line even in their mother tong. What kind of future we are generating. Just imagine.
Our complete focus remains on that the child we adopt must pass class 10th. After 10th we decide what to do further depending upon child choice and their family condition.  
I am sure, with dedicated team we will get success to make a change in the million’s life.

Thank you

Jai Hind

Amod Poddar
Founder
Stand N Stride Foundation


Comments

Popular posts from this blog